• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard disapears but still able to type

josephw000

Lurker
Oct 11, 2014
Anyone have this issue? I'll be texting or typing in reddit or a forum or whatever and the keyboard will suddenly disappear and anywhere I touch on the screen where the keyboard used to be It'll recognize that letter or number however I can't see what I am hitting, but it'll recognize it. I have to reboot to get the keyboard back.

Doesn't do this all the time but at random. Can't seem to pin down what makes it happen.

it happens to me too but only when I use the Facebook app or any other app itgets stuck until I go to another process. I constantly have to go into language and input then switch back and forth between the Android keyboard & swype
Yes, I got rid of stock keyboard because of that. Using swift key without any issues. Can also use google keyboard, works but not as many features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones