Keyboard does not pop upSupport

1. Taosmountain

Taosmountain New Member

I recently got a new Droid Incredible 2. After two days, I cannot get my keyboard to respond when I tap in any field the requires input from the keyboard. I went to the settings menu and to the Language and Keyboard section. under keyboard settings there is nothing.

My phone updated to Gingerbread when I first started using it. And I assume I was using the HTC Sense keyboard. But I can't even find a keyboard app to download since I can't enter any text in the search field in Market. I've restarted my phone several times and removed battery in an effort to hopefully reset something. No luck. I've read on here to long press the menu button. Tried that without success. I'm stumped. Can anyone give me any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisement
  2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Long press the minutes button.

I think there is a setting somewhere to auto show keyboard but I'm on a custom ROM and can't tell you where to find it. Maybe someone can chime in with a location for that...
    Taosmountain likes this.
  3. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

Try going through "Setup" in the app drawer again and see if you can't get the keyboard to show up there. Just a thought...
  4. Pewter Port

Pewter Port New Member

I have an HTC Desire and my keyboard wouldn't pop up either. It took me a while to do this but what I did was go to my web browser and go on pages that I recently went to so I could find words with the letters in Keyboard. Each time I found a letter I would paste it in the address line next to the previous letters I had already found and when I was done with the word 'keyboard' I copied and pasted it in the search bar of the android market. It took about 5 minutes and it was worth it. Right now I'm using the 'Go Keyboard'. Hope this helps ;)