Keyboard feature question...General

1. LS1BadBird

LS1BadBird Well-Known Member

I've had my s3 for a few days after abandoning my HTC Desire. I love the S3, but have one complaint about the keyboard. I love the swipe feature that I've never had before, but miss one thing about my stock Froyo keyboard. It had the symbols (question mark, hash tag, etc.) over the letters so if you long press it would auto select the corresponding symbol. I drastically miss this feature.
    I've played with the settings a bit and didn't see anything, but worth asking; Is there any way to activate this feature on the S3 keyboard?
    I've tried SwiftKey and a few others and haven't found one with the feature I'm talking about. Anybody know a keyboard with this feature? And if so, would I lose the ability so swipe with it?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Download the Swype beta. It's the original, it's free, and it has what you are looking for.

Just sign up, download, install, and enjoy.
    http://beta.swype.com/
    LS1BadBird likes this.
  3. LS1BadBird

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!
  4. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

I came from sense as well and initially missed the shortcuts but i realised that they just pop up at the top of the keyboard ready for you to use once you finish a word
  5. LS1BadBird

True, but I use twitter a lot and start words with @s and #s fairly frequently. It was a pain to select the symbol every time.