1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Keyboard feedback, and deleting e-mails

1. suttoc

suttoc Active Member

Second day Shift user, and I have 2 quick questions.

1) Is there a way to turn off the feedback (vibrating) when I type on the virtual keyboard? Kind of annoying for me.

2) Is there an easy way to delete a bunch of e-mails (in portrait mode) at a time without reading them. It just seems like clicking on the e-mail, then clicking menu, and then delete is a little much. It's easier in landscape mode for sure (using the direction pad and clicking delete on the keyboard).

Thanks all!

Advertisement
  2. noobs

noobs Well-Known Member

1. Menu>Settings>Language&Keyboard>Touch Input>Text Input uncheck vibrate when typing. You cannot, however, turn off vibrate when dialing a phone number using the dialer. This screen is also where you can turn on prediction and spell check for the hardware keyboard if you want. I like it.

If you want the four capacitive buttons to stop vibrating when you push them it is under Menu>Settings>Sound uncheck vibrate feedback.

2. If you are talking about the default HTC mail client when you open the app to your inbox go menu>delete without selecting any of the emails and you are then given a screen where you can check multiple emails to delete. Still not the fastest but faster than long touching or going into each message if you have a lot of them to delete. In Gmail it is fairly obvious that you just touch the little check next to each email and then delete.
    suttoc likes this.
  3. suttoc

suttoc Active Member

This worked great! Helps a lot.