• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Keyboard Folio Case

I thought I would give my opinion of this case since you posted about it.

I picked one up at the Verizon store today. With my corporate discount, it was $75 (I have the Xoom wifi, but bought it at the VZW store for the discount). The Xoom fits very nicely in the case, and it isn't super thick when folded considering that there is also a keyboard in the case. The quality of the leather seems pretty good. The magnetic clasp holds well when the case is folded closed. The angle of the screen is good when opened and leaning on the "stand" that is made by folding the tab back and snapping it in place. Lastly, pairing it with the Xoom was very easy.

With all of that said, I'm going to return it tomorrow :(. My biggest complaint is that the keys are WAY to close together and I just couldn't get comfortable typing on it. I have fat fingers, so you may be more comfortable with it. I just couldn't see using it for heavy typing, which is the reason I wanted it. I read some complaints about keyboard lag, but it wasn't terrible. It was actually pretty good. The only other complaint I have is that it isn't easy to take the Xoom in and out of the case. It is really meant to be left in the case. I really bought the Xoom as a handheld tablet, not as a laptop, so a majority of the time I would be using it without the case and keyboard. It was too cumbersome taking the tablet in and out of the case.

Your opinion may vary. If you think you will use the keyboard often and you have small hands, this may be a good option for you.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
For whatever it's worth, VZW has it for $30 right now as they are trying to get rid of stock. I ordered one and it should get here tomorrow. With my corporate discount it was 22 bucks. I prefer a "case" over the Moto keyboard because when I travel I want it to be all together in one and not have to carry pieces. We'll see if it turns out to be any worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones