• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard freeze. After deleting some entries in the predictive text dictionary :S

missyem

Lurker
May 15, 2011
Hi guys,

As the title kinda sums up, I went about deleting some of the words my predictive have savev as 95% of them are always words that don't exist lol. Since then, I've sent maybe one or two texts without problem, and now every time I attempt to use the keyboard it freezes as soon as I press a button. Tried battery pulling numerous times, loads of CPU memory free.

I really want to avoid a factory reset as I had problems with a previous Desire only a month and a half ago and resetting didn't help, and I had to get it sent back. (Touch screen was faulty). Getting a bit fed up that this keeps happening tbh, and if I reset again I imagne my friends will get fed up with me constantly asking them to send me all their numbers again...!

Thanks
Emma

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones