keyboard input for hero

Last Updated:

1. bokasi

bokasi New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I'd just like to know if the HTC hero actually has the ability to input asian text say for e.g chinese/japanese into messages or notes/something similar.

Advertisement
  2. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

I've just had a loko at the keyboard language options and can only see English, German, Czech and Dutch listed there, but there may be another way of getting the characters in there. I'll have a play around and get back to you.

Off topic, I did a search on the Apps Market for "Japanese" to see if there were any Japanese keyboard add ons, but all I discovered were a mind-boggling array of apps relating to Japanese girls. I'm going to have to examine them all carefully, to make sure none of them are keyboard add ons. It may be some time before I get back to you...;)

EDIT - Ok, I can't see any way of getting the keyboard to use asian characters, but I have found a Korean keyboard app called Korean Input Keyboard, no sign of any Japanese or Chinese ones though. Unless of course, they're listed in the market in Chinese or Japanese characters....