keyboard is loose

Last Updated:

1. yerfdog2314

yerfdog2314 Member This Topic's Starter

My keyboard on my droid is like becoming less sticky. Like it seems like the adhesive underneath the buttons isn't working so the buttons make a noise every time I push them. I was wondering if this happened to anyone else or if my phone is just messed up because I wasn't sure if its even worth it to get a new one or if it'll just happen again.

Advertisement
  2. bufftallica

bufftallica Active Member

I've had my Droid since Christmas, and despite the few times I've dropped it on concrete and tile it is in perfect condition, keyboard included.

3. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's happening to mine. It's called a "click." It lets me know that I'm pressing the key.

4. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Are you saying that the vinyl keypad is becoming separated from the metal key buttons underneath? Is it raising up?

5. yerfdog2314

That's exactly what I mean. I just couldn't find the right way to put it into words. I guess people aren't going to know what I mean unless it happens to them too.

6. spangler07

spangler07 Well-Known Member

I think the same thing is happening to me.

What it is for me is that when I'm sliding my fingers to the next key or an area on the keyboard, it makes a clicky sound before I even push the key.

Hard to explain kind of. But yes, it certainly feels like the keyboard is not entirely attached in those areas.

Makes me.......want an Incredible........keyboardless.

7. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Yeah, for such a spiffy phone, the Droids keyboard leaves much to be desired.

8. yerfdog2314

So is it even worth it to go through the trouble of returning it or will it just happen again? Also does anyone know a good method for backing up contacts, apps, music, etc? Last time I had them switch the SD cards but it ended up not having any of my apps, preferences, or contacts.

9. HarleyPixie

HarleyPixie New Member

I wouldn't describe the noise as clicky.. more like "I had bubblegum on the bottom of my shoe and i'm walking around sticking and unsticking to the ground"

it's progressed on mine so much that I can lift up the edge of 3/4 of the keyboard sheet (outside of Alt-key to underneath the enter key) and look underneath all the keys...

Anyone have this problem and come up with a solution that doesn't involve getting a replacement? Some sort of adhesive that could be used or something?

Otherwise, I love my bubbly keys and not sure yet if i want to risk getting a replacement with a different type of keyboard....

10. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

Glad I searched. I'm having the same issues and to be honest it is quite irritating. Anyone take it into Verizon and complain till they got a new one? I'm about fed up with the noises from it.