Keyboard issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

So my keyboard is messed up. It sometimes is not showing what I type on the screen at all, and also the space bar is now acting like a send button or a back button, im not sure which.

I dled a different keyboard, and that one is working fine.

Anyone know how i can try and reinstall the old keyboard? Or any advice on a fix?

2. Devinator

Devinator New Member

I had a similar issue, maybe even the same one. It almost acts like a back button. When you hit space after certain words (for me "sure" was one of them and certain words with "x" at the end) the keyboard goes away like you hit the back button. Then, if you tap the text box again to enter in text again, when the keyboard comes back up, you can type, but, you can't see what you are typing. Even though you really are typing. If you back out of the keyboard and tap the text box again, you'll see what you typed last time. It's a work around, but, unacceptable.

I fixed this issue by going to Manage Applications, then Multi-touch keyboard, then Clear data. Problem solved.
    stealthyninja likes this.
  3. stealthyninja

stealthyninja New Member

Thanks Devinator! I was ready to throw away my Droid 2, which I've turned in twice due to a defective keyboard, but I was able to use the fix you suggested without having to do a factory reset or make phone calls to complain!!!