1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Keyboard Issues...space bar problemSupport

1. droidbomber

droidbomber New Member

Ever since I upgraded my Droid X to gingerbread, the default keyboard has led to some frustrating typing issues. I mainly noticed it when I hit the space bar, which causes the keyboard to minimize. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. bldgengineer

bldgengineer Well-Known Member

bump for the same issue. mine started happening after I updated the facebook app. A true PITA here as it doesn't matter where you type the keyboard minimizes as soon as you hit the space button and it doesn't matter which format keyboard you use.
  3. Bman123

Bman123 Well-Known Member

Get rid of task killer app, soon as my buddy did this no more trouble
  4. droidbomber

droidbomber New Member

Thanks for the replies, but I looked for a task killer app and I do not have it installed on my Droid X; however, I started messing around with some of the keyboard options and found that if I unchecked "next word prediction" option under the multi-touch keyboard settings that alleviated my "space bar" issue :D
    However, it doesn't make sense that a major input problem like this happens for so many people who have Droid X's. Why can't I have "next word prediction"? Does anyone have an answer how to keep "next word prediction" and not have to deal with the space bar issue as well?
  5. decks19

decks19 Active Member

This problem just started up once the stupid facebook app updated itself. So hopefully if i do what you did works. If not im gonna go crazy mad
  6. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

There's an update 4.5.605.MB810 that is being pushed out that is supposed to address the issue with the stock keyboard. I don't use the stock keyboard as there are other alternative ones that IMHO are much better and I haven't experienced any bugs with those.
  7. handlemybiz

handlemybiz New Member

Had the same issue on my Motorola Xprt and turned off the autopunctuation to add a "." after a double space.
    the problem was really annoying. began when i started to download some free notepad apps to try out.:)