Support Keyboard just stops responding (using Swype)...2nd time its happened

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ricky ross, Aug 28, 2010.

1. ricky ross

ricky ross Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
    last time i had to do a factory reset. i cant figure out WHY its doing this. i have very little apps...

Advertisement

2. ricky ross

ricky ross Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
  3. ricky ross

ricky ross Active Member

Apr 25, 2010
  4. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Try clearing data for swype in settings>applications>manage applications.

5. picao

picao Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Has happened to me a lot since the 2.2 update. I can get text messages and sometimes when I respond they just don't type. I have to go through the procedure of selecting input type and the selecting Swype. I think it is a bug in the program that they will hopefully fix before the next release.

6. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Male
    Verizon Wireless Tech Support
    Anderson, SC
    Has happened to me once a day since I got 2.2 not sure what the problem is, but I just uninstal the app and then open the installer and re install it and it works like a charm until the next day. Anyone have a fix?

7. unlazyfree

unlazyfree Active Member

May 31, 2010
    here's what happens with mine.. every so often, the swype function will stop, however i can still type the letters out. I found that to fix this, all i have to do is switch back to the stock keyboard, then right back to swype and it works perfectly again. happens maybe once or twice a week with me

8. hornetnz

hornetnz Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I dont have swype and this has happened twice in the last 2 days. Goto type a message and nothing gets entered in the textbox, even tho it shows me hitting the keys.

9. phareous

phareous Active Member

Apr 27, 2010
    This is a known issue with incredible.. the latest swype breaks when you restart. They claim it is because they don't have access to the license file when it boots due to sense or whatever and they are looking into it.

So you just need to long-press on the text, change the input to stock keyboard, then change back to swype