Keyboard Lag

Last Updated:

1. Darkeligos

Darkeligos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else finding that their keyboard lags when typing moderately quickly? I am using the Android keyboard and for the life of me I can not type "might" without it hiccuping and only getting "miht", "miht", "miht".

I've turned off the suggestion bar, auto-completion, and system sound...but still the keyboard is awful. It has been the same way with both of the Captivates that I've had.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. jgcalderonperez

jgcalderonperez Active Member

I notice the same thing, It's very very annoying...

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Yes, the keyboard lag/hesitation every few moments really trips up my typing too.

Haven't really figured out how to pin it down, if it happens to be one of my background apps. But honestly... I feel I shouldn't have to handicap one of the flagship features of this phone (multitasking) just to get other fundamental features (like keyboard input) to work reliably. It'd be like advertising the virtue's of a car's sunroof, only to find out that if you have it open you can't drive more than 15 MPH.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Still haven't noticed any lag or anything. (knock on wood)

5. ADPowah

ADPowah Member

I notice a similar lag when playing games. Usually a good restart corrects the matter. Not sure what is causing it.

6. ChaoticKinesis

ChaoticKinesis Well-Known Member

I used to suffer from this kind of lag until I installed Autokiller. This is not a taskkiller app. Instead, it allows you to alter minfree memory settings, which controls Android's own internal taskkiller. You must be rooted for this.