Keyboard LagSupport

Last Updated:

1. j0k3r

j0k3r Member This Topic's Starter

My father got a Droid X, sister has a one year old Moto Droid. I got my incredible last month and after playing with their phones I concluded my keyboard friggen sucks... the LAG is incredibly annoying. It takes me minutes of slaving over the keyboard to type out texts or emails. When I press a key theres a delay in it appearing in the input. If I even try to speed text everything is a jumbled mess. The portrait keyboard is even worse than the regular one. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm running Swiftkey (the problem remains on the stock input method too), and only a few apps like mail and weather. What the hell could be causing keyboard to lag so much? Can I fix this?

Advertisement
  2. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

I don't know what's with all the lag, but I have the same problem. The touch screen keyboards are all sub par, even the good ones.

3. j0k3r

j0k3r Member This Topic's Starter

Ported over to Droid X keyboard. It's a significant improvement. I'm very very happy now..

4. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I dont have any problems with lag on the stock keyboard on the INC. You must have something else going on with your phone.

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

I recently solved this issue. Try turning off haptic feedback (vibration on touch). It causes lag. Also if you use handcent....clearing out large text threads helps too.

6. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

I've never had any lag on my keyboard, i think its great. :eek: