Keyboard learning curve; Spacebar sizeSupport

Last Updated:

1. Xbound

Xbound Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, have had my droid x since launch day and coming from an iPhone I am having trouble adjusting to the keyboard in vertical orientation.

I use email on my phones all day long for business, and I was able to type extremely fast on the iPhone. Switching over to the droid x was simple enough, and I figured that the larger real estate would help in the typing department.

I have an issue, being that the keyboard is simply too narrow for my use. I have given it some time, but I can't seem to type even one decent sentence without having multiple periods and commas in place of spaces or letters.

I find that the "voice" button and comma/period button are imposing on my spacebar real estate.

Is it possible to use another keyboard that is setup a little different? I tried using swype but really I need a two thumb typing solution.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Agfox

Agfox Active Member

Landscape.

3. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

I kept accidentally hitting the "." instead of the spacebar and it was annoying me until I just got used to moving more to the left. Otherwise, landscape mode works wonders ;)

4. Xbound

Xbound Active Member This Topic's Starter

Landscape works well, but the dialog box that you are typing in simply is too small. For texting, this would be fine, but with emails i like the portrait typing because I can use the text formatting and such.

I don't like how you can only type in a box in the landscape mode.