• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard learning curve; Spacebar size

Xbound

Jul 10, 2010
Hello all, have had my droid x since launch day and coming from an iPhone I am having trouble adjusting to the keyboard in vertical orientation.

I use email on my phones all day long for business, and I was able to type extremely fast on the iPhone. Switching over to the droid x was simple enough, and I figured that the larger real estate would help in the typing department.

I have an issue, being that the keyboard is simply too narrow for my use. I have given it some time, but I can't seem to type even one decent sentence without having multiple periods and commas in place of spaces or letters.

I find that the "voice" button and comma/period button are imposing on my spacebar real estate.

Is it possible to use another keyboard that is setup a little different? I tried using swype but really I need a two thumb typing solution.

Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones