• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard malfunctioning

elect

Lurker
Jan 5, 2012
Hi,

during the last holiday we got into a thunderstorm with a lot of rain and hail..

I had only an umbrella that couldnt do nothing and I got completely wet, my galaxy i7500 too

But it didnt switch off.. It just went crazy, it was like all the buttons were being pushed one after each other, camera, menu to switch off, etc..

Then I managed to turn it off... I left it drying for some time and turn it again, it boots normally untill a new menu appears, "fastboot mode".. you get in there by pressing the green and red button (to open/hang out calls)

It always goes there when I turn it on.. I guess the keyboard went crazy, maybe a short circuit or something similar..

what do you suggest to do?

Ok, I managed to enter into the recovery mode

recovery_v6.5.png

Ps: in this menu the keyboard seems to work properly!
I tried to check the filesystem and fix the packages permissions and then reboot, but it always shows the fastboot mode menu

fastboot_galaxy.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones