Keyboard Missing LettersSupport

Last Updated:

1. DanGrover

DanGrover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I have an HTC Magic running 1.6, but this has been happening since I've had the phone. Basically, when using the default keyboard (which, incidentally, seems tonnes better since the update - it's made me not care that HTC IME doesn't work) it'll sometimes miss usually two keypresses. And the phone physically recognises then, because they pop up above my finger, but they never appear in the text entry field. It's bizarre - does it happen to anyone else, and does anyone else know how to fix it?

(Incidentally, does anyone else regularly hit the 'b' or '.' key instead of space bar by accident. It annoys the piss out of me.)

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Hey Dangrover :)

1) The reason your HTC_IME keyboard doesn't work is most likely because you haven't downloaded the Latest Donut compatible version here , Thanks to Cyanogen! :D

2) I haven't recognised any missed buttons but I have realised incorrect key's press ....... Most likely due to "Fat Finger syndrome" :p

3) Have you noticed since the 1.6 update {on Standard keyboard} if you press the "Space" key twice it automatically puts a full stop their. Now that really get's on my nerves ...........

Carl

3. DanGrover

DanGrover Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Carl,

Thanks, I wasn't aware the keyboard had been updated. Good ol' cyanogen!

And I was under the impression that the standard keyboard always did that!

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

No Problem!

At least you got the HTC_IME keyboard back. It's much better than the Standard Android Keyboard in my opinion :D