Keyboard not turningSupport

Last Updated:

1. geniusvicks

geniusvicks New Member This Topic's Starter

When I rotate phone the keyboard in messages (or any screen), the keyboard doesn't turn at all.

Firmware i7500ddii3

I installed Accelerometer xyz values app... and it shows that the accelerometer is working.

What to do?

Also any way to make the apps close fully when i close them... and not use advanced task killer everytime?

Advertisement
  2. informale

informale Well-Known Member

do you have Orientation enabled in Settings -> Sound and Display ?

there is no way, unless a developer made an exit option (e.g. in Dolphin Browser)

3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

+1 on that. If that's not it, consider updating your firmware! It's quite an old version you're running there; I actually had my Galaxy sent in for service because the g-sensors seemed broken, but it turns out that later firmware versions fixed it.

Apps should stay resident if you "Home" out of them, BUT some apps do quit cleanly if you "Back" all the way out of them. But really, memory management is handled by the OS and you normally should not need to fuss over it.

PS: Note that the "Recent Apps" list will show recent apps wether or not they are actually still running (because in any case they're still, well, recent).

4. angeamon

angeamon Well-Known Member

since i ve also used the above firmware i can guarantee that auto rotation of keyboard works provided
    is enabled.

some apps dont close even if u press the back key all the way to the home screen . So its better to ve an app like the "Advanced task killer" to kill all the running apps bfore locking the phone .