Keyboard not workingSupport

Last Updated:

1. deadbuzzard

deadbuzzard New Member This Topic's Starter

Every once inwhile my keyboard stops working and I cannot type in any box that to fill in text. I tried the Swype and the Stock keyboard and both didn't work. The only way that I have been able to get it to work is by restarting the phone. Is there another way to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

maybe your phone is running too slowly and the keyboard causes a lag? try closing some applications. try using taskiller free.

3. deadbuzzard

deadbuzzard New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried that and it still didn't work

4. heyerok

heyerok New Member

I am having this same problem with my HTC Eris. I'm happy that now I can finally get the native Mail app to work perfectly with my Exchange email. However, this requires a pin/password to be entered everytime the phone goes into sleep mode. More than half of the time when I need to unlock my phone by entering the pin/password the keyboard does not respond. I am forced to do a soft reset.

1) Is there a way to change when the phone goes into sleep mode? (like how many minutes before it shuts off the screen?

2) Has anyone experienced apps like "better keyboard" not having this issue?

3) Has anyone experienced problems when answering calls and the screen either not waking up or being incredibly slow and missing the call?

These are just basic phone abilities that is incredibly frustrating to deal with.

5. bta44

bta44 New Member

I'm having the same issue as deadbuzzard, I have a Galaxy Captivate, and the only thing that fixes the keyboard is a phone reset.

Were you able to figure anything out deadbuzzard?

6. banderberg

banderberg Member

I have the same problem on my Thunderbolt.

I've tried everything including factory reset and it comes back after a week or so then happens off and on every few days.

7. tonicboy

tonicboy Active Member

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung GS2. The problem works whether I'm using Swype or the default keyboard, so it seems to be an OS-level issue rather than application-specific. As others have stated, the only fix seems to be a reboot.

8. daughtkom

daughtkom New Member

I am having the same issue. I am not sure, but think it might have started when I installed Enhanced Email. Does anyone else have that installed by chance?

I like the app and don't want it to be the issue. :-/

9. achtunggabey

achtunggabey New Member

Same problem here. I've been using Enhanced Email for a month or so, but the keyboard problem started this week. Maybe there was an update to EE that started this. I guess I'll be uninstalling, and seeing if that makes a difference.

10. daughtkom

daughtkom New Member

I haven't uninstalled yet because I don't have a better email option yet. So far I have just been rebooting when this happens.

Have you uninstalled EE? Did it fix the problem?

11. crescentmage

crescentmage New Member

Same issue here. It comes and goes on my Xperia Play (R800a) with the newest Gingerbread build. Can't really figure out a rhyme or reason.

12. Ashimema

Ashimema New Member

Same Issue here on a Desire HD without EE installed however...

I'm wondering if it's the first sign of a hardware fault as I've not changed anything in a time frame that corresponds to the slowdown.. It makes the phone unusable, even after restarts the keyboard has a 50/50 chance of working again or still not working...

13. travla

travla Member

Same issue here guys, running Samsung GS II with Android 2.3.3. This is very frustrating, as beautiful as Android is, this is a real showstopper. Anyone found a solution?

14. Popaul

Popaul New Member

On K9 email, GoKeyboard works great, with everything up and running, predictive caps, spell check etc... Also it seems that the keys are nice and well spaced.
    When on native email apps (need to use this for company / microsoft stuff email, K9 does not register it) no predictive caps, no spell check, and the keyboard is not as easy to use as it normally is. I checked everything in settings, and Go-Keyboard is the keyboard to use everywhere.
    But I was wondering is the native apps would somehow keep using oterh native apps, e.g. native email would still use native keyboard???
    And of course, on lanscape view, any email apps is no good. Cannot see what I am typing. The keyboard itself is too high and masks the typing area... a bit silly.
    Am using Samsung G-S2, latest Android 2.3.3, and all apps are up-to-date.

15. crownrusse

crownrusse New Member

I was too having issues with the keyboard. It wasn't entering the letters I choosed and then it would make the screen force close. I went into the keyboard settings and changed it up a bit and now the keyboard is working as good as before.

16. rhadamantis

rhadamantis New Member

i have the same issue with the letter 'I', the keyboard stops working.
    the problems started after i added the Ukraine and Norwegian option for the keyboard.
    resetting the keyboard does not work, he keep on adding those langauges, even after i disabled them again.

after typing a word starting with I the keyboard fails and i can't enter another word.

any advice?

17. rhadamantis

rhadamantis New Member

solved by resetting my personal dictionary in Swype.
    the "I" problem is solved on my Samsung Note.

18. yoyomam

yoyomam New Member

I had a similar problem on my Motorola DROID, and I solved it by going to settings -> manage apps -> multi-touch keyboard -> force stop. Don't know if the same fix applies in this case though!