• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard orientation bug

nycebo

Android Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2010
New York, NY
It would be sweet if the Droid (or OS 2.0.1 as the case may be), when switching orientation from portrait to landscape, would keep the keyboard showing if it was already showing in the prior orientation. Often, I'll be typing a text in portrait mode and then realize that I'd prefer to type faster and more accurately. However, when I switch to landscape orientation, I have to click/highlight the text box in order for the virtual keyboard to show again. It's a bit of a hassle. Oh yeah, for the hardware keyboard lovers out there that suggest I use it instead...I hate the hardware keyboard...though curiously, the keypad is pretty nice for moving the cursor.

... when I switch to landscape orientation, I have to click/highlight the text box in order for the virtual keyboard to show again. It's a bit of a hassle.

You mean, you have to actually tap the screen?
blink.gif
Oh dear! What to do, what to do? Your poor wittle fingers must be all calloused. Com'ere! Let me give you a hug. Maybe your mommy can kiss it and make it feel aalllllll better. :eek:

icon_%20laughup.gif
rofl3.gif
icon_%20laughup.gif

Upvote 0
Altimax, that's exactly what I was talking about...I have to tap the entry form to get the keyboard again. If it was opened in portrait mode, why the heck doesn't it stay open in landscape mode.

Messenger, I presume you're just kidding around. It's the little elegant touches that distinguish one OS from another. As a former coder, trust me, they add up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones