Keyboard Problems!!?

Last Updated:

1. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone else having issues hitting the p in portrait and the space bar in landscape? It's really annoying and causes numerous typos. Just wondering if I have a defective phone or if it is normal? I have calibrated the keyboard two or three times and no change. The demo phone I tried before I bought mine didn't seem to have this problem. TIA for any help.

Ted

Advertisement
  2. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

EDIT:didnt read you calibrated ummm maybe just use it for awhile and try to see if you get used to it i know i had to get used to mine.

make sure you have calibrated the keyboard

settings>locale&text>touch input>text input>at the bottom calibration tool

3. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Yeah, the P in portrait mode on mine can be finicky too. Over time I've gotten much better at hitting it just right so that it does not bother me much anymore. Landscape for me works fine.

4. durandetto

I've had the phone for almost 3 weeks and have had a touchscreen before and the space bar and p key still elude me almost everytime and it's starting to make me consider the Moment. I assumed that in three weeks I would have the keyboard down, but I am starting to get disappointed.

5. mattheis

mattheis Well-Known Member

the P gives me trouble too, I didnt have any problems with it until I put the boxwave antiglare... protector on it. But Ive adjusted, and know to hit the P just a little harder, small price to pay for a good cover.

6. durandetto

I have a Zagg IS, but before I decided to go with it I read multiple posts about others experiences and most said there was no difference. I really don't want to go without a screen cover, because a scratch in the screen would bother me more than my typing issues.

7. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I should have mentioned - I don't have a screen protector on mine.

I guess I'm trying to say I've sort of figured out the way the P likes to be pressed. Still not great, but better. Sorry you're not getting the same results. The odd thing is, I don't notice this as a dead spot when doing anything else, although it could just be a spot not often pressed.

As for getting a Moment: My wife has one and the on screen keyboard is much more difficult to type on. More letter errors, poor prediction and sluggish response. However, screen sensitivity seems good over the entire surface. Granted, with a hardware KB it's not a big deal.

8. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

I am having the same problem, the p & q, and to a lesser extent, the backspace and shift. This all seems to have started after putting on a screen protector, but I don't want to take the risk of not having one.

9. g2red89

g2red89 Active Member

The only problem I have with my keyboard involves patience. It seems like I always type the wrong letters and the lag doesn't help a bit either.