• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Keyboard question

sintricate

Sep 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Lately I've been feeling like I'm typing too fast for my keyboard and I'm missing characters all the time. I'm wondering if the keyboard I'm using is the issue or is it just the way the Evo is.

I'm using the keyboard that comes with Warm 2.2. Is there a setting I can change that would allow me to type faster (like, is this a software problem) or is this simply a limitation on the Evo's on screen kb?

Lately I've been feeling like I'm typing too fast for my keyboard and I'm missing characters all the time. I'm wondering if the keyboard I'm using is the issue or is it just the way the Evo is.

I'm using the keyboard that comes with Warm 2.2. Is there a setting I can change that would allow me to type faster (like, is this a software problem) or is this simply a limitation on the Evo's on screen kb?

As I understand it, ome ROM's have better multi-touch than stock. This allows you to press one key while your finger is still lifting off of the other.

Upvote 0
I used to have this problemm with the stock unrooted rom. Now, it keeps up with me...maybe I am not as fast as you...but for me, Myn's keyboard is MUCH faster than stock. Do you use haptic feedback? That may clue you in to whether your touch is registering....

I don't have the haptic feedback on. It almost feels like the multitouch isnt keeping up with my fingers. It's pretty frustrating. This was the one reason why I was worried about getting a phone without a physical keyboard.

Still hopeful that I could figure something out :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones