• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keyboard Repeating letters

Hey there. I friend of mine is also having this problem, and its driving her crazy. She has a Samsung Galaxy tab II, model GT-P3110, and she uses a Samsung dockable keyboard. I'm not certain about its model, I think it is EKD-K11AWEGSTD. I did an system upgrade using Samsung Apps and it is now running android 4.1.2.

I have tried to use the solution described in this post, but I'm not able to disable "samsung keyboard": gaebler.com/ Motorola-Verizon-Droid-Physical-Keyboard-Repeating-Letters-Problems. htm

I was wondering if installing some other keyboard (like swype, for instance) would fix the problem, but my friend is wary since all those keyboards do record her typing and do record credit card numbers and such.

I was wondering, could anybody give me any leads on how to fix this?

Hey there. I friend of mine is also having this problem, and its driving her crazy. She has a Samsung Galaxy tab II, model GT-P3110, and she uses a Samsung dockable keyboard. I'm not certain about its model, I think it is EKD-K11AWEGSTD. I did an system upgrade using Samsung Apps and it is now running android 4.1.2.

I have tried to use the solution described in this post, but I'm not able to disable "samsung keyboard": gaebler.com/ Motorola-Verizon-Droid-Physical-Keyboard-Repeating-Letters-Problems. htm

I was wondering if installing some other keyboard (like swype, for instance) would fix the problem, but my friend is wary since all those keyboards do record her typing and do record credit card numbers and such.

I was wondering, could anybody give me any leads on how to fix this?

By the way, the weirdest thing just happened with the keyboard. It started inserting a bunch of blank spaces wherever I placed the cursor. Just as if I was holding down the space bar. Weird!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones