• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

keyboard reset?

jps

Apr 3, 2010
was just wondering if there was any possible way to reset the words the keyboard remembers? my girlfriend was using my phone to txt a friend last night, now when i try to type "in" it just comes up as "ib" i can always just hit the prediction words but that would be absolutely annoying to have to do that EVERY TIME im typing the word. also when i type "if" it always comes up as "id", thats been happening since i got the phone a month ago. just the 1 has been annoying me for some time, and i can only imagine how bad it will be with 2. please dont let these 2 tiny words ruin my txtng!!!:(

nothing at all :(

so on 2.1 you can at least reset it? i guess i can live with it til the ota.

As I recall (keep in my mind that my memory is faulty) that this setting was one of the 'major' changes between 1.5 and 2.1. I don't believe you can do this particular reset in 1.5.

welp! thanks for the info at least. and i would call that a major change too, cause this is damn annoying!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones