keyboard reset?

1. jps

jps Well-Known Member

was just wondering if there was any possible way to reset the words the keyboard remembers? my girlfriend was using my phone to txt a friend last night, now when i try to type "in" it just comes up as "ib" i can always just hit the prediction words but that would be absolutely annoying to have to do that EVERY TIME im typing the word. also when i type "if" it always comes up as "id", thats been happening since i got the phone a month ago. just the 1 has been annoying me for some time, and i can only imagine how bad it will be with 2. please dont let these 2 tiny words ruin my txtng!!!:(

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Settings> Language & Keyboard> Touch Input> User Dictionary.
  3. jps

jps Well-Known Member

im either really stupid or blind, but im not seeing it....

i see settings> locale & text> touch input> then nothing about a dictionary.

im on 1.5 if that helps any.
  4. TheSultan

oops..that's probably why then. Unfortunately, I don't have access to 1.5 to find it. I just went through all of my settings and directories and menus until I found it for you. I would think it would be in a similar place on 1.5 though...nothing huh?
    jps likes this.
  5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

As I recall (keep in my mind that my memory is faulty) that this setting was one of the 'major' changes between 1.5 and 2.1. I don't believe you can do this particular reset in 1.5.
    jps likes this.
  6. jps

jps Well-Known Member

nothing at all :(

so on 2.1 you can at least reset it? i guess i can live with it til the ota.

welp! thanks for the info at least. and i would call that a major change too, cause this is damn annoying!
  7. TheSultan

you should just go up to 2.1 anyway dude!
  8. jps

jps Well-Known Member

i seen that some people were having trouble with it, so i just figured i would wait. im a knuckle head and will screw it up somehow anyways.
  9. ERISLOVER

ERISLOVER Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, I am attempting to go to root tonite wish me luck, but there will probably ber a thread about a bricked phone tomorrow.
  10. jps

jps Well-Known Member

lol, that would be me. good luck!