1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Keyboard with funny habitsSupport

1. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I've had my Captivate Glide for over a week now, and have been trying to figure out some issues with the keyboard.

This only seems to happen in when composing an email or text message. When I need to either use the shift or alt key to cap or use the blue symbols, I then have to hit the shift/alt key afterwards to get back to the regular keys. Otherwise I start typing words, but they come out like !@#IK123. It's driving me a bit mad.

Also, there is no visual indicator that I can find of whether the shift/alt keys are in "action" so to speak.

I tested typing in a note program, and did not have this problem. The cursor changed shape when I hit the shift/alt keys, and reverted back to standards unless I hit them again.

Does anyone have a suggestion/solution to this problem? Samsung's support website is so lame, seriously. Or could this be an Android problem? Too many choices as to where I should post this one!

TIA,
    Katherine

Advertisement
  2. koshki

koshki Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I've had my Samsung Captivate Glide for over a week now, and have been trying to figure out some issues with the keyboard.

This only seems to happen in when composing an email or text message. When I need to either use the shift or alt key to cap or use the blue symbols, I then have to hit the shift/alt key afterwards to get back to the regular keys. Otherwise I start typing words, but they come out like !@#IK123. It's driving me a bit mad. (BTW, this does not happen at all when I use the touch screen.)

Also, there is no visual indicator that I can find of whether the shift/alt keys are in "action" so to speak.

I tested typing in a note program, and did not have this problem. The cursor changed shape when I hit the shift/alt keys, and reverted back to standards unless I hit them again.

Does anyone have a suggestion/solution to this problem? Samsung's support website is so lame, seriously. Or could this be an Android problem? Too many choices as to where I should post this one!

TIA,
    Katherine

Samsung SGH-I927
    Android 2.3.6
    Basband I927UCKL1
    Kernel 2.6.36.3
    Build Gingerbread.uckl1
    On AT&T
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I've moved your thread over to the Samsung Captivate Glide (support) Forum. Hopefully, users of the same device might be able to assist you.
  4. DudeJB

DudeJB Member

Double clicking on the shift enables caps lock same for the Blue alt key. Are you taping it twice by accident to keep it enabled? Single tap it again to remove it.