1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

keyboard with games

Last Updated:

1. k4r3n

k4r3n New Member

hello
    i just got my tab 2 and love it. one thing i was wondering is is there any way
    of accessing a keyboard when playing games as one of the games i play i need access to the space bar?

hope someone can help

Advertisement
  2. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

The galaxy tabs have the 30 pin port instead of micro usb right?

I think you can use an adapter to plugs into 30 pin port and converts to normal USB. Then connect a USB accessory, or hub to the adapter if you choose to use multiple devices (keyboard+mouse)

Adapter:
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-30-Pi...&sr=8-2&keywords=galaxy+tab+micro+usb+adapter
    rds=otg+usb+cable

Or just use this, a 30 pin plug + hub + card reader in one:
    Amazon.com: GrayBean Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 SD Card Reader, USB Adapter / HUB, and OTG Adapter: Cell Phones & Accessories
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Just buy a bluetooth keyboard or a Samsung keyboard dock for the tab, no need for adapters like the ones posted above.

Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard (works with Android, Windows and Apple)
    [​IMG]

Samsung
    [​IMG]
  4. javasirc

javasirc Well-Known Member

I have a Targus Bluetooth keyboard. I dont know if its my phone, the keyboard, or the fact that it uses Bluetooth, but there is a lot of lag when typing. And mine disconnected randomly as well.

An adapter will allow use of an xbox controller (not sure if it works with galaxy tabs) as well as a mouse, usb stick storage. With the 30 pin hub, you can leave it and the accessories on the table, and just unplug the 30 pin connecter to take the tablet elsewhere. But the Bluetooth keyboard of course will offer more portability.
  5. k4r3n

k4r3n New Member

Thanks for the replys but I was hoping someone knew how to get the keyboard to pop up on the screen when doing other activities.