1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

keyboard wont change!!!!

1. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

I recently downloaded swype installer. on the final step of installingit asked me to enable swype then press back and start swype. i check the box next to swype, it shows a green check, then i go back to select the start swyping box and its still greyed out. asking me to enable skype on my settings???? Ive tried everything. But everytime i check to enable swype and leave the page, it unchecks it and I cant complete my installation of swype!!!
    Ive already long pressed on screen. swype is not there. Please help!!!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Have you tried long pressing on the messenger app screen? Did you also try going to language & keyboard in the settings and seeing if you can't enable it there?
  3. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

Yes, when I go to language/keyboard settings, I see swype, I click it, I get a green check mark, then I'll click on swype settings, come back and its unchecked? I have an irulu knightpad tablet, it came With google pinyin installed,cannot uninstall. I will click to turn it off, turn swype on. Then if i leave that page at all, i'll come back. And swype is unchecked, pinyin and android keyboard are checked?? I don't get it
  4. Metroid Prime

Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling? Or resetting your tablet?
  5. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

No, I have not tried resetting it. Wouldn't that delete alot of stuff?
  6. Metroid Prime

Not a factory reset just a regular one.
  7. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

So, it wouldn't delete anything? Do you think that would help? What could be the problem?
  8. Metroid Prime

Just resetting your device only deletes the cache which has nothing to do with deleting apps or anything. Instead have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Unless...I am going to look at something.

EDIT: Have you tried installing another keyboard? Maybe it's that one.
  9. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

I had text swipe from android market and it did the same thing at the installation. Never got to fully install it, never got to use it.
  10. Metroid Prime

It never downloaded? Try clearing your cache and see if that helps.
    kleigha25 likes this.
  11. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

Ok i cleared the cashe. Its staying checked, but im still unable to complete installation. The start swyping button is still greyed out to finish. And when go to swyping settings the swyping input method is not there.
  12. Metroid Prime

What type of swype keyboard is this? What's it called?
  13. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

Just tried deleting everything and starting over,able to keep swype checked, but still unable to complete install and use
  14. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

Its. Swype keyboard
  15. Metroid Prime

Do you have background data enabled? Maybe it will install then.
  16. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

How do I enable that?
  17. Metroid Prime

Settings>Accounts and sync> Background data.
  18. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

Ok, found it, and no luck
  19. Metroid Prime

Have you tried out another keyboard to see if that works?

EDIT: Try going into Language and Keyboard and go to touch input and then keyboard types.
  20. kleigha25

kleigha25 Member

Okay I got it installed!!!!! After I cleared the cache and got Swype to stay checked, it wouldn't let me finish the install. Tried everything, then I turned my tablet off, turned it back on, went to browser long pressed and there was Swype asking me to agree tho terms and so on. Thanks so much for your help! :)
  21. Metroid Prime

No problem.:) Sorry it took so long to get it working, but I am glad you got it working now.
    kleigha25 likes this.