keyboardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. j-nunine

j-nunine New Member This Topic's Starter

Is it just me or is the qwerty Keyboard, going from vertical to horizontal is very very slow. I'm like sitting there waiting forever for it to change, and by that time i forgot what i was going to write.

is there a fix or for that matter a quick button you can press to switch it?

Advertisement
  2. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

I'm at the Verizon store now and love the keyboard. Vertical to horizontal on the droid is quicker but this isn't THAT slow. Still undecided on this or the droid....

3. Nate

Nate Active Member

I find the keyboard to switch rather quickly. At least quick enough for me.

4. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

I do feel like there is a delay. It's not awful, but not as fast as when you pull out the keyboard on the droid.

If you turn off the "auto" setting, how do you do it manually?

5. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

i have found that if the phone is flat it wont switch fast at all bet if i hold the phone up and down or a little on a slant when i turn it the screen changes pretty quick hope this helps

6. Nate

Nate Active Member

Needsdecaf- I think when you turn off the auto setting, it renders the phone unable to switch orientation. It will always be in portrait.

7. surf4u2

surf4u2 Member

I have found the rotate to be delayed. I kinda got used to it until i pulled out my itouch this morning and realized how much faster it rotated than my eris....

8. psu9495

psu9495 Member

I thought it was fine since I bought it November, but this past weekend all the sudden it started taking 10-15 seconds to switch to landscape. I hadn't downloaded anything that would make it slower. Strange.