• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboards which collect data....

Jerry786

Jul 28, 2010
Hi all, Is it safe to use 3rd party Keyboards, (such as Big Buttons etc)? I only ask as i installed a keyboard app, went to enable it but it came up with information saying it collects credit card data and password data.. Wasn't comfortable with this so cancelled enabling it and uninstalled..

I need a keyboard as the one on my phone is pretty good but a bit too small. Can anyone shed a little light on this and recommend me a Big keyboard for the Pulse mini

Thanks

Any keyboards I download, I just make sure that one of the permissions isn't internet. Which eliminates some very interesting keyboards out there but I rather be 'safe' than sorry.

But you'd be selling yourself short. I've used several keyboards that use the internet to provide the opportunity to update the language module of the app (or to download an entirely new language dictionary) and also to allow the user to check for updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones