1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Keylogger on my Android Device?

Last Updated:

1. PepePeru

PepePeru New Member This Topic's Starter

Starting at the end of March the following has happened:

1) My Chase CC# was stolen. I had recently moved and tried to use my phone to do the USPS change of address form, which requires a credit card that I typed in my phone.

2) My gmail was accessed by an IP in Russia and spam email sent to all my contacts earlier this month. I have since changed my password, but this is the email that I use 100% of the time on my phone.

3) Finally, an email today from Capital One fraud reading that my CC# has been stolen. The week before last, I got a new card, that I required a call and activate. I typed the CC# in my phone...and now its been used for purchases I did not make.

So, I'm really concerned that my phone has been compromised. This is becoming too much of a coincidence.

I have ran the 'anti-virus free' app from Marketplace and it turns up nothing...

Does anyone have any advice on how to move forward from here? All the apps I have downloaded are from Market and > 250,000 downloads with decent ratings. I can provide a list, if need be.

Advertisement
  2. trevlynch

trevlynch Active Member

Uh don't ever put your cc# in on your phone...android devices are easily hacked

3. Vandam500

Vandam500 Active Member

Have you installed any keyboards lately? It could be one of those.

4. Vandam500

Vandam500 Active Member

What are you basing this off? Because its Open Source?... remember its based on Linux, not Windows rofl.

5. PepePeru

PepePeru New Member This Topic's Starter

No, I haven't installed any keyboards, rooted android or anything of that nature.

I have also ran virus / malware scans on my work & home PCs, which all came up clean..

What's curious & troubling about the 2nd card to get stolen, is that I never use that card...it rarely leaves my wallet, and it too, has been stolen.

6. Vandam500

Vandam500 Active Member

Have you also typed those credit cards on your computer at least once? If not then im thinking it has to be someone with access to your wallet :(

7. darrenlamb

darrenlamb Member

HI Guys,

Ill just start a new thread if I dont get a reply but I was just wondering if there is a Keylogger App out for Android 2.1 (Desire) that will record all keystrokes used on my phone including passwords?

Thanks

d.

8. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I think this is way more likely to be a desktop problem. A very common scenario (it's been around for at least 10 years) involves a virus that obtains addresses from the Outlook Express address book; are you using that for your desktop email? Or does someone use it who might have many of the same contacts that you do, and also has you in their address book? It is more likely that the spammers are simply "spoofing" your return address than that they're actually using your account; this can happen even if they got your address from someone else's computer.

P.S. I once got a complaint from a colleague claiming I'd been "hacked" because he was getting spam from my address...guess who it was that actually had the virus? ;)

9. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

Maybe the 'anti-virus free' app is the culprit?

10. cc4525

cc4525 Active Member

i say check your girlfriends closet to see if she has any new shoes or purses..lol...

11. Malonies

Malonies Banned

That post was made 2 years ago...