Keypad defectSupport

Last Updated:

1. lawdroid

lawdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Began setup on my new Incredible. While trying to set up google mail, discovered the "i" "j" "n" and "." would not respond. Several battery pulls later and a complete reset (done by using the power - volume keys) still would not work. Have to return the phone after waiting so long. Good news is that backup assistant works with the Incredible.

Advertisement
  2. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to get it replaced quickly.

Do you think those are dead areas on the screen? Do they not respond to touch in other programs? Or is it just when using the keyboard?

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

would they not respond in landscape or portrait?

4. lawdroid

Since those letters are in a straight up and down line, it appears to be a defect in the board. New phone won;t be shipped until tomorrow, to be delivered Friday. Never got past the set up, and was doing battery pulls. Hopefully others will fare better.

5. lawdroid

Never was able to access a portrait. Could not get past the set up and they never suggested that. I think they were certain it was a defect. Trying to see if others have this problem.