Keypad IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. f1fanatic

f1fanatic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just lately, like in the last day or two I've had an annoying issue pop up with the slide out keypad on the moment. When I pop it open one handed it shuts off the phone. Seems like a mechanical issue because it doesn't power off, it just goes out like the battery is disconnected somehow. If I slide it open carefully it won't do it but it does seem to be getting more sensitive. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a work around? Obviously just using the pop up keyboard is an option but not as convenient. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's time to get a new phone. Are you still under warranty by chance?

3. f1fanatic

f1fanatic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Probably not, I got it in March. And no insurance either. :(

4. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the factory warranty is off hand but it's longer than 4 months isn't it?

Samsung usually puts a year on stuff. I honestly have no idea what it is on the Moment but it seems like it's worth checking in to. I'd probably start by calling (*ugh* I know) Sprint and asking them about it.

5. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

There were a few phones that had issues with the battery not seating properly and it caused the phone to power off when sliding abruptly. Try checking that out first. Palm Pre had the issue too!