Keypad or controllerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. ckwbff

ckwbff Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find another model, but I think there are sites that aren't sold out.

Anyway, if you have a Nintendo Wii, you can use the bluetooth wiimote to connect to your phone. There's plenty of documentation on google with videos on youtube supporting it.

3. kayst

kayst Well-Known Member

I don't think the WiiMote works with HTC Sense.

4. ckwbff

Yeah, the Wiimote doesn't work so I'm looking for anything. What I really want to know is why the MSI BGP100 works, but other bluetooth devices don't

5. Valka

Valka Well-Known Member

I believe the BGP100 driver was specifically rewritten to deal with our not entirely 2.1 bluetooth stack. The Wiimote only works with 2.1, which we don't have (unless you've applied a custom rom)

Even though I've already rooted I'd still really like a BGP100, the Wiimote only has 2 action buttons on it.

If I want to play SNES or Genesis games that is just not going to cut it.

Too bad they're now out of stock everywhere and people are scalping them on ebay for $150 a pop vs. the $30 they cost when we couldn't use them on our phones. I wonder what the holdup is on getting more of them shipped over?

EDIT: I found that (provided you can get the WIimote emulator to work with your rom) you can also use the Datel Retro bluetooth controller. This has more than enough buttons but it is also completely unavailable (even via scalpers) from what I can determine.

Does anyone have some insights on this that they'd be willing to share? I have plenty of emulators, they run great, most games are just not very playable with a touchscreen.

6. ckwbff

Please tell me this is getting fixed with Froyo.

7. Valka

Valka Well-Known Member

I certainly hope so. Given that we already have a leaked Froyo for the EVO and it's still broken, my hopes are not high.

Cyanogen (Vanilla 2.1) is mostly there, hopefully they work the kinks out of it soon. (the launcher and overall cpu performance, other than that it's already a nice rom)

Sense is great and all, but we need proper bluetooth..

8. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Regarding the OP, you will not find any that work through the microUSB port. The phone cannot act as a USB host.