Keypurr Feedback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazziette

Jazziette Well-Known Member

Oh sorry I left that out, jkanos! Actually the thing that frustrated me so much WAS the layout. Having two letters on the same key was difficult for me. I just couldn't get it down pat and I honestly tried! It just seemed really weird. Also, I use voice a lot and I don't think it had a voice feature. Voice is amazingly accurate for me on Better Keyboard and also on the Smart Keyboard.

I'm sure that Keypurr is a great keyboard and well, that's why they make Chocolate and Vanilla and Strawberry. I'm big on Chocolate and can take or leave Vanilla and can't stand Strawberry! LOL

Go figure. I hope my feedback has helped you understand my reasoning more.

:)
  2. gdot

gdot Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I gave it another try and getting to the secondary letters/symbols is a lot easier.
  3. ScottPV

ScottPV Active Member

Too bad for those who are slow and did not see this until the 11th or 12th or Feb, March, etc. Most comments are positive, but without a trial, no go.

The demise of the 24 hour policy hinders developer sales. Developers must have a better way to trial, not just a "should have been here yesterday" program.

Any chance for another trial for us slow pokes?

Scott
  4. Jazziette

I think the free trial is still available on the market.
  5. ScottPV

ScottPV Active Member

Don't see it. The developers post said it expired yesterday.

Scott
  6. Jazziette

Yep! You're right! I know it was still there yesterday but just did a search and only the paid version comes up, unless there is a free trial somewhere on the internet.
  7. dbalch

dbalch Well-Known Member

Love the keyboard.

Looks to me like the dictionary needs the word 'doable"
  8. Jazziette

I'll be looking forward to seeing the new release and will give it a try. Thank you!
  9. judge_droid

judge_droid Active Member

I made a note to buy it before the discount rate ran out, then forgot. I see it is at the market rate now, snooze you lose. May take the plunge in the future.
  10. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I will look forward to the new free trial!
  11. Jazziette

I really like the way Keypurr is so friendly and 'user interactive'. I'll definitely give it a try when the trial version gets back out. Hope it's soon. I do have Better Keyboard now but I'm still looking for that puuuurrrrrfect keyboard. LOL
  12. dan55

dan55 Well-Known Member

24hrs isnt enough time to decide an app is for you imo
  13. barqers

24hrs Is quite a bit better then 15mins imho!
  14. Jazziette

Hurry Keypurr Hurry! LOL
  15. lunameow

lunameow Well-Known Member

I find that I'm getting in the habit of swiping up on the P in 'put', and haven't had any problems. The only trouble I've had is if there's a tiny bit of lag on my phone (which happens sometimes), it'll skip the first few letters. But that's on any keypad, and definitely not a Keypurr issue.
  16. Susido

Susido Member

Already bought the app but I have to say voice input is a big missing feature to me and the only reason why I sometimes go back to using the stock HTC keyboard. Please support the power of the voice!
  17. barqers

I've looked at the tutorial videos, and several pictures of keypurr, and i've got to say that I don't think i'd like the voice button on the keyboard. I haven't tried this app yet, but by first look the keyboard appears very minimalistic, which i like. if you keep adding buttons you'll have to reduce the size of the other buttons, which defeats the whole purpose of this keyboard!

If voice is going to be added I'd say add it on the symbols keyboard, or as a swype command. Or have an option to disable this. Because so far the minimal keyboard looks great!
  18. itisjustme

itisjustme Well-Known Member

I've been watching but I have not seen an update yet?
  19. barqers

@keypurrtech
    Perfect, I check back to this post daily to find out if the new release is here! I will keep waiting patiently :D
  20. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I'm still using this keyboard. My fat thumbs didnt like any others.

Only problem I have is in landscape still cant see the texting I am typing and it doesnt suggest the words either.
  21. Jazziette

22. Jazziette

WOW!!!! So far I love it! Amazingly accurate and SOOO fast to type on.

I'm impressed!!! :D

One thing...can you tell me if it is compatible with Handsent. It seems my notification ringtone defaulted back to the stock message sound.

Any idea why?

I've already recced it to a friend here and he d/lded it and is trying it now. We'll be spreading the word for sure!

Thanks again for the free trial.

:)
  23. Jazziette

PS...I still don't know how to 'flick' and I don't really understand the instructions. Can you splain a little bit better. Thanks!
  24. Jazziette

Okay, thanks! Also, where are the symbols like the exclamation mark, etc. LOL Yeah...I know I'm hopeless!

hahaha

I'm blonde...need I say more?

:D
  25. barqers

I just downloaded the trial, I've been waiting anxiously :D

So far, I love the keyboard. The only problem seems to be with me; I can't grasp the concept of the double-lettered keys. So I end up hitting the key right beside it instead of the key I'm supposed to hit. I will continue testing and report back in a couple days of experience :p

Not giving up yet! The biggest pros I see so far: Function keys, LOVE these; directional keys, LOVE this as well; and finally the delete whole last word key.

I still have to get used to the Flicking motion. So as Jazziette said, can you give us a little clue on how to properly flick? Because sometimes when trying to flick up on the enter key to get into symbols, I either end up hitting the enter key, or hitting the backspace.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.