Keys Backlight stays on in Multimedia stationSupport

Last Updated:

1. dschwa

dschwa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Kind of defeats the purpose of dimming the screen when the 4 main keys light up my bedroom for the entire night.

Is something set wrong? I think it was ok at first but something has made the keys stay on.

:mad:One more week before I give up and return my Droid.:mad:

Advertisement
  2. metasin

metasin Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. Wish I could turn the keys off as well while in the dock. I did not notice if the room is well lit if the keys go off or not. I also have the issue that the light from the keys comes through to the screen if the phone is slightly off angle. Makes the dock experience a bit less aesthetically pleasing.

3. FCFlyer8

FCFlyer8 New Member

I have the same issue. The lights are too bright at night that I end up putting my Droid in sleep mode. Has anyone found a way to turn off the home keys...or at least dim them. My display setting is on auto.

4. square

square Well-Known Member

bump.

looking for a solution for this too. not that the light bothers me, just doesn't seem great for the phone to have the backlight on for 6-7 hours straight when it doesn't need to be.

5. FCFlyer8

FCFlyer8 New Member

So I changed my Brightness Setting to manual and all the way down. With the station unplugged, I dock the two under a bright light. The home keys turn off after approx 10 sec.

This worked but there has to be a better way.

BTW, I tried docking the two after turning off the light, and the Home Keys stay lit until I put my phone to sleep.

Must be something in the settings, but a can't seem to find anything :confused:

6. FCFlyer8

FCFlyer8 New Member

Just updated.....and still same issue. Thought the update would help but no.

Motorola Tech support no help

Anyone find a resolution?

7. Tabs

Tabs Well-Known Member

I just got my dock today - it's definitely a problem between the dock app's programming and the phone's ambient light sensor.

You can test this really easily - put it in night mode in the dock and then aim a bright light at the front, the 4 button backlights will turn off, but as soon as you turn the bright light off, they come back as soon as the sensor detects that it's dark.