Keys falling off keyboard

Last Updated:

1. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, my keys are falling of my keyboard

[​IMG]

And I just wanted a suggestion on what I should do, I pay the phone insurance from Verizon and was just wondering if there is a way to get the Droid 2 from this? (Since I assume they don't make the original anymore)

Advertisement
  2. slider5634

slider5634 Well-Known Member

What category is this? I think I'd like a 'D', Vanna....

In all seriousness though, you most likely won't get a D2; just a refurb D1. Don't be scared of the refurb though. If VZW hadn't told me mine was a refurb, I'd never have known. Yeah, it was that good.

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Yeah, this is not an insurance issue... it's a warranty issue and Verizon needs to fix it.

4. Genetic_Bloom

Genetic_Bloom Well-Known Member

If they try to give you a refurb tell them you won't take it. I've gotten 2 of them and they both were horrible quality. Tell them that it's a warranty issue with the phone and you want a new Droid or a Droid 2. I've heard some people having success with just being persistent so if you want a Droid 2 there's a good chance you could end up with one.

5. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

How did that even happen? Did they split at the seem in between them?

6. smacky

smacky Banned

That's what I'm wondering. Looking and feeling my keyboard, I didn't think it was possible. For a bit, I actually thought it was one big pice with grooves to distinguish between keys.

7. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Looks that way to me too. I suppose if your one of those kids that do a billion text messages a month you could wear out the plastic at the grooves.

8. KaveMahn

KaveMahn Active Member

I went to see big red today about the same issue. The warranty covered it and I should have my new phone Wednesday.

9. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

I would've cried!:(

Nice one slider5634:D

10. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

The same thing happen to me I want to say its heat conditions but I'm not sure. My f key fell out and then the surrounding keys were getting all lose. The sticky film that holds it down started getting everywhere. I bought the droid on launch day nov 6 09, so they told me call assurion and I had to pay 80 dollars for a replacement refurb or was it 90 idunno either way.. I'm scared its going to happen again. First the keys start off flat then they start to get bubbly then after a while I guess the keys get loose.

11. skiahh

skiahh Well-Known Member

You got taken. Your phone has a 1 year warranty, which this most definitely falls under. You shouldn't pay a penny for a new phone and it shouldn't be through the warranty company, but Verizon.

12. havi007

havi007 Well-Known Member

Man I wish I came on here before I called the insurance god damn or at least call verizon over the for a second opinion