keys loose on physical keyboard

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

on my physical keyboard my G key is sort of loose you can see the gap in between and if i move it around its loose and i think might eventually fall out..anyone else have issues like this anything i can do in case it does fall out?

Advertisement
  2. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

happens to me to. I just flatten out my keyboard whenever i can

3. karmagedon

karmagedon Well-Known Member

i believe the keys are just stickers, so just do as obutto suggests. you could also just order a replacement.

4. iamloco724

the jey got worse and it actually came off in my hand i was able to hold it down as u said..anyone know if superglue would be ok to use if im careful?

5. iamloco724

so anyone?

6. iamloco724

now its getting to be such a problem cause when it looses up and i slide the keyboard back in occasionally it pops off from the friction which makes me nervous about losing the key

7. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

I would have Verizon repair or replace the phone.

8. iamloco724

i just hate the idea of possibly getting a refurbished phone or a phone that has other problems since besides this ive been problem free

what would the process be if i did go in there i have no insurance..when would i get the new phone will i have to pay will it be new or refurb

9. iamloco724

Bump

10. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Call Verizon *611 I think? Tell them your phone is defective in the way that the keyboard stickers are falling off when you close the slider. IF they say that it is normal then complain about how other Droids don't do this, etc. They will overnight a refurbished Droid to you (refurbished are usually good, better than new ones in terms of chance of not having flaws) and you send your broken Droid back to them.

11. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Tell them you want a warranty replacement because of a manufacturing defect. Be sure you start right off with "warranty replacement". If you've had the phone for over 30 days, you will get a refurb. Make sure you look over the refurb well, turn everything on, make sure everything works, make phone calls, etc, before you send your original phone back. I'm on my 3rd Droid. The 1st refurb I got was a lemon. My 2nd refurb has been ok, no major issues.