kickstand, best feature?

Last Updated:

1. 3001

3001 Active Member This Topic's Starter

lol.

interestingly enough, this weekend the feature i found most people liking on my EVO was the kickstand. Such a simple feature too. My buddy has the droid X he got at the launch party, and we compared phones, and the kickstand is really what stood out. hah, it made my friend a little pissed cuz he's stuck on verizon! lol

it's a really awesome feature, and funny enough beyond for a few other things, it's what people pick up on mostly, beyond for the large screen and slick design.

I'm waiting for more phone manufacturers to really take into consideration design like HTC is.

motorola phones tend to look like garbage, so do samsungs...nasty...:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I can live without a kickstand in favor of a bigger battery. Don't get me wrong, the kickstand is great but I think a bigger battery is even better.

3. 3001

what about that $9 2000 mAh battery that was posted b4? 500 more mah could be quite signifcant, no?:)

4. hawt

hawt Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually use the kickstand for anything? I play around with it but if has no actually useful function for me.

5. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

I've only been using the phone for 5 days but I haven't opened the kickstand once yet. Good to know that it's there just in case though. ;)

6. talz13

talz13 Well-Known Member

Well, it saved me from buying a desk dock. I just stand the phone up on my desk with the kickstand so I can easily see the notification light, check my phone, etc.

I will be using it even more once rockplayer gets better. Being able to just toss a few video files on the SD card and head off to work will mean lunchtime goes by much quicker :cool:

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Protects the back camera, completely useful for Skype-to-Skype videochats, speakerphone calls, watching anything whatsoever, leveraged grip while holding in landscape position...

It's really, really ok to put the phone once in a while, mmmk? ;)

And that whole desk clock thing? I walked into an office that was enemy territory - laffers with that other phone. Put up my desk clock so we could track our time - the laffing stopped.

Doubles as fun propaganda.

8. kryptoniteman

kryptoniteman Member

Youtube is ok..........when the netflix app comes out you will see how useful it is

9. Complex757

Complex757 Well-Known Member

Streaming IHeartRadio right now listening to Stephen A :D

Very convenient

10. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

i agree, it is the feature that separates the evo from the pack.

I use it all the time.

11. Minjin

Minjin Well-Known Member

I use it for listening to podcasts and when on speakerphone. Works excellent. The kickstand was one thing I always liked about the N900 (and similarly, tilting landscape devices like the Tilt and N97) and a feature that really helped confirm this phone to me. If we're going to carry around a heavy tablet like device (nearly twice the weight of my last phone!), might as well make it easier to use.

12. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

Hell yea. Use it to stream world cup soccer during work. Watch my phone like a mini TV.

13. The Dorian

The Dorian Well-Known Member

My Evo is probably on it's kickstand for 75% of it's life.

14. t1jordan

t1jordan Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the kickstand, I watch a lot of Youtube videos.

15. 3001

I've used it a number of times too, with such a large screen it's a great addition to just let it down and use it like that, and it's nice that it keeps the phone up so the speaker isn't blocked, so if you're out and want to use your phone as a radio you can see the track playing, and hear it too!:)

16. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

^Agreed^

I have yet to need it for anything, and at most i tinker with it when playing on the phone but that's about it. I read all the hype about it before i got the EVO, and even then, i didn't understand what the big deal was. People kinda roll their eyes at me when i show it to them, so it's no longer even an attention grabber for me, but to each their own :)

17. tech1greek

tech1greek Active Member

Here are some ways I use it:

1) Bedside Alarm Clock.
    2) Pandora Landscape Mode to show artist and song while playing.
    3) In-call on Speakerphone.
    4) Watch Sprint TV.
    5) Watch YouTube.
    6) Play Music in a small room.
    7) Steady Camera while taking Landscape Photos.

The last one is great, pop open the kick stand and slide your hand under it, allows you to easily grip the phone with one hand to steady it while pressing the shutter button with the other. Try it out.

18. ed12

ed12 Active Member

the ultimate use with the kickstand is youtube video, sprint tv, and future hulu and netflix, especially when friends and coworkers crowding around your phone for the worldcup games.

it's also useful for holding the evo mid-air with one hand, and various other uses.

definitely the #2 best feature right after the 4.3" display size with android.

19. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

vs just holding the evo normally mid-air with one hand? :D

I'm not an Iphone basher by any means, but after reading that i can't help but think of how useful a kickstand would be for Iphone4's antenna issues LOL

20. Jonhern

Jonhern Well-Known Member

love the kickstand, i remember with my old phone, the diamond, always trying to prop it up while using sprint tv, like when they had nfl network, or you tube, and usually failing, lol, and having to hold it. The kick stand while simple is a great feature. especially when you are with friends and someone mentions a video or a show, usually a Simpsons reference, i just look it up, pop out the kickstand and we can all watch it with comfort.