• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kids mode killed my Note 3. HELP!!!

Nagrom

Android Expert
May 28, 2010
Cheshire UK
Hi Guys.

I've got a major problem with my beloved Note 3.

My son was ono Kids Mode. Something he's done a thousand times before with no problems.

After he had finished playing on it, I tried to log out of it, and return to my homescreen. wasn't able to switch kids mode off. When the screen went blank, it just returned to KM.

I eventually decided to reboot into safe mode, and uninstall KM. Did this with no problems.

However.......

When I rebooted, I found that all my widgets had gone. This has happened before, and isn't a great problem. What is a REAL problem, is that: -

None of the capactive buttons work on the bottom.
Long pressing the Home button no longer works, and I am unable to access the recent apps screen.
And I am unablebto pull down the Notification Bar at the top.

Though these are small problems in the big scheme of things, for my, and the way I use my phone, they are causing a MAJOR headache.

Tried dropping the battery, for varying lengths of time, but this was no use.

I REALLY don't want to go down the factory reset route, but I can see this is what's going to happen in order to fix these issues.

Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks

Andy.

Also after resetting my widgets, they all disappear again after a reboot. Also keyboard keeps reverting to the stock one, as apposed to the swift key one I normally use.

I did notice that I could pull the notification bar down briefly in safe mode. Which tells me is an app that's causing all these problems. Though I'm baffled as to which one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones