jaliy Well-Known Member

i'm connected thru kies air but it keeps telling me no device is connected

it shows no device is running kies air

Advertisement
    :
  2. jacamie

jacamie Member

Hi there,

same problem I have. Have posted on samsung's facebook page, but they don't really have a clue what I'm talking about..... " YES I AM CONNECTED TO KIES!!!, IT'S YOUR AIR MESSAGE PROGRAM!!!!"
  3. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

ya i have opened my browser and everything is working. but this program does not work no matter how many times i refresh
  4. Kevindd992002

Kevindd992002 Member

So any solution to this? I experience exactly the same thing.
  5. jaliy

jaliy Well-Known Member

If many people are having this problem then it's Samsung s fault for releasing untested program
  6. mikez2012

mikez2012 New Member

Exact same problem here - no matter what I try it cannot detect my phone. :confused:
  7. wmharris

wmharris New Member

Kies Air - if your computer is on a wlan, you must be on that same one with your phone, then start Kies Air on your phone. Forget the Kies Air Discovery app on the laptop, it doesn't help. the phone will tell you it can't find the server, cancel the scan. when that window closes it will reveal a splash screen for Kies Air, tap Start, and a disclaimer opens, accept it, and then it will display the url you should enter in your browser - don't forget to use the port number as part of the url. It works like a charm. The Kies app using a usb cable is a better route to take as it is faster.
  8. Kevindd992002

Kevindd992002 Member

This is not the issue here. Kies Air works properly when accessed through a web browser. The problem is when using the new Kies Air MESSAGE, the app doesn't detect the phone.
  9. Kevindd992002

Kevindd992002 Member

It works for the 1st time! Kies Air in my S3 had an update applied from Google Play store and my PC detected the phone.
  10. mikez2012

mikez2012 New Member

The recent update has Kies Air Message working for me now. Key point is that both the phone & your PC must be on the same Wireless LAN. You cannot have one on WLAN, one on LAN, as they will not find each other (even if it's all the same network).
  11. Kevindd992002

Kevindd992002 Member

Haven't tried this yet but that simply means that the Kies Air Message app im the PC is checking for connectivity through WLAN only and not through wired LAN.
  12. Helen_21

Helen_21 New Member

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could help, I've installed Kies on my PC, and have also connect my phone throught Kies Air so I can read my texts on my pc.
    When I installed Kies, the little Kies Air message box came up in the corner next to the time but wasnt working which is how I stumbled across your thread, so I disconnected from the Air message, have now updated Kies Air on my phone, but I dont know how you get the little box back I cant find it anywhere! Anyone know how I get it back?!

Thanks!!
  13. mikez2012

mikez2012 New Member

If you are using 64bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\KiesAirMessage.exe Otherwise: C:\Program Files\Samsung\Kies\KiesAirMessage.exe Regards, Mike
  14. Helen_21

Helen_21 New Member

Thanks Mike.

Have opened it again know but still doesn't work, It finds my phone and asks me if I want to connect it, so I click connect it thinks about it and then comes back up with 'do you want to connect this phone'!

Think I might just give up now, dont think it is going to work.
  15. Lemur

Lemur New Member

-

I'm not sure if you read KIES AIR Connection Steps manual...

1. Download KIES Air to your mobile.
    2. Start the program once it is installed on your phone.
    3. Follow instructions as shown on you mobile phone screen.

Worked from first time.

Note. You need to have Java updated, otherwise it will not work.
  16. ladykiller

ladykiller New Member

17. Kevindd992002

Kevindd992002 Member

18. mikez2012

mikez2012 New Member

19. Kevindd992002

Kevindd992002 Member