1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

KIES AirSupport

1. croftyboy8

croftyboy8 Well-Known Member

KIES Air is available from Samsung apps

Just had a play with it and it seems interesting.

You connect via your wifi network then have access to your phone on your desktop..
    call logs, text messages, media etc

ive just sent a text via the desktop... pretty cool

i wonder if this means future firmware via wifi?

Advertisement
  2. voodooochild

voodooochild Well-Known Member

sounds pretty interesting though the thing is, and i'm guessing it will differ from person to person, but personally the way i see it, if the phone needs to be connected via wifi(and so within a certain distance from you and the pc) then i would just get up and use the phone itself. Dunno just my opinion.
  3. Gavin James

Gavin James Member

Any download links?
  4. mattuhh

mattuhh Well-Known Member

It should be in the Samsung Apps in your app drawer.
  5. travel_Steve

travel_Steve New Member

Good app except when you click on "All" tick box and then "download". It only downloads the the pictures show on the screen not all the photos on your phone. Needs some more thought on usability. Bloody took ages to download all my pictures.
  6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

If you are going to download large amounts of photo, it's better to connect using the USB cable instead.

But sending sms using a proper keyboard is real nice for a change. Need to be really careful though, else I will end up busting my sms limits. :D
  7. androidgalaxy

androidgalaxy New Member

Hi!

I'm using Kies Air for a few days now. The uploading works fine but when I download photos from my phone to my desktop, the software tells me the download is completed but the photos do not appear on my desktop. I've tried downloading to a different folder as well. No luck.

Any ideas?

Edit: It gets ever weirder. When I opened these folders from a website that allows me to upload photos to the web. The pictures DO appear when browsing my folders for the photo I want to upload. So going to the folder directly from "my computer" does not show them, browsing around the same folder from the Upload feature from a website does show them. Now i'm confused.
  8. jordandaljit

jordandaljit New Member

I have downloaded it on my phone however when it tells me to put in the url neither AOL or Safari can find it.. please help???... :confused:
  9. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

You need to be connected to the same wifi network that your computer is connected to. You can't do this over 3G.
  10. Primavera

Primavera New Member

Kies Air is one of the best applications I've ever used. It is similar to accessing your phone from your PC through remote desktop or team viewer or log me in etc except that it is wireless!! Especially that my mother tongue language hasn't been enabled for writing on the current released version of Galaxy S II, so I can simply use my laptop to write SMS in whatever language I want, and send! And no doubt that using a PC keyboard is much easier than using any smart phone's keyboard.

But, there is one bad thing about it. Whenever I turn off the timeout (so kies will stay on as long as there is wi-fi), it doesn't really work and after sometime it just turns off automatically even if I'm uploading something (a big number of songs, say more than 40 at a time).

I thought of reinstalling the application, but I thought I would look for an easier solution before reinstalling.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.
  11. Primavera

Primavera New Member

Mmmm..Anything?
  12. Aravindan

Aravindan Well-Known Member

Use the SCREEN ON app and enable the same for KIES AIR. So the screen will be lit as long as Kies Air app is running! :)
  13. erenner

erenner New Member

the screen on option is one but the reason you lose connection is probably due to the wifi turning off when the screen goes off. There are options on whether to keep wifi running always or always when plugged in or the battery save options.

E
  14. Saz73

Saz73 New Member

Hii Can anyone help me with Kies Air please? I have been using this app for a few months now with no problems. Until last night, now when I try to connect to Kies via my laptop, the Kies link is in the browser bar and all I get it a white screen. I have tried resetting settings on Kies but nothing is happening. I need the app due to a lack of signal in my area, so it's pretty cool texting via the laptop and leaving the mobile where there is a signal. Is anyone else having this problem?? Thanks in advance! :confused:
  15. Boynielaad

Boynielaad New Member

You need to open Kies air on your phone first to create the link, then open on your pc
  16. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

question about Kies.... I can use it on my own laptop to transfer files and such but what if I am out and a friends place and want to send pictures to his desktop on his pc...

when I find his network on my kies app, do I then receive a special URL to go to on his windows browser to make connection?
  17. Dork

Dork New Member

Exactly! Pretty awesome!
  18. Itsslow

Itsslow New Member

I just started using this on my Galaxy S2. I'm currently trying to upload songs onto my external sd card through this, but it will only let me upload one song at a time. How would I go about uploading multiple songs at once because this is going to take FOREVER?

This is on my laptop and it doesn't have a spot to put in an sd card.

Thanks in advance.
  19. adfek

adfek New Member

The advantage is that you can easily sync files from your PC to your laptop, Upload and set ring tones, and more. pretty useful ;)
  20. bennylava

bennylava Well-Known Member

This is an awesome app I'm so glad I found this thread!
  21. newfriend87

newfriend87 New Member

just wondering if kies air allow us to transfer file between two samsung phone?
  22. cherchereponse

cherchereponse New Member

hello,
    I wonder if kies air works on the Samsung Galaxy y duos?
    thank you
  23. cherchereponse

cherchereponse New Member

hello,
    I wonder if kies air works on the Samsung Galaxy y duos?
    thank you
  24. xsenman

xsenman Well-Known Member

as long as you have WIFI , it should work
  25. nitroRCs

nitroRCs Active Member

Hey guys, I know this thread is quite old but I thought I would post here instead of creating a new thread. I was wondering, when I enter the music player in Kies Air, only a few of my songs are playable, most of the songs are greyed out and have a little lock where the album cover should be. I can still download the songs with the lock and I can also set them as my ringtone but I cannot play them through my computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.