kies connecting finallySupport

Last Updated:

1. steeharry

steeharry Active Member This Topic's Starter

hi im new to this forum stuff. i just thought i would pass this info on.
    after plugging and unplugging usb 50 plus times to get kies to connect to galaxy s i tried something different.
    unticked auto connect in kies.
    plugged galaxy s in with kies not running. waited until phone said connected,
    then ran kies. it found phone straight away.tried 20 times, worked every time.
    hope this works for you.

Advertisement
    forza2020 likes this.
  2. bind00

bind00 Well-Known Member

I can hardly believe it but this actually worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I could have sworn that I tried this before many times. Maybe because a couple of days ago I disabled Kies startup in Run > msconfig so before that it had always been running in background? the other thing I did different was I had just unmounted and remounted the internal SD card. :eek:)

Whatever, I've had this phone since August and this is the first time it's connected. Thanks SOOOO much for posting this tip my friend.

3. steeharry

steeharry Active Member This Topic's Starter

your welcome

4. vrindamishra

vrindamishra Member

Dude...you believe it or not i did the same thing by fluke and my phone started connecting. ...but yet kies isint able to detect my phone like it used to before...my mtp applicatuon, after connecting throughthe comp, crashes or force closes and keeps opening...and the result? No device connected. Please restore yourphone to default...it might help

5. moateman

moateman New Member

Thank you so much, i was starting to go mad! I've spent weeks searching for a solution , I've tried a lot of things and something so simple! This is the first time I've ever written on a forum.

6. dylanw83

dylanw83 Member

Wow worked for me too. it took like 3 min to connect so be patient, but it worked!!

7. AllThingsPure

AllThingsPure Well-Known Member

When will Samsung fix this? I am on 2.0.0.11014_49 and it is touch and go. Even if I connect successfully, the connection can disappear suddenly. How can I ever flash a ROM under such circumstances?