• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Kies doen't restore messages in full :(

Jeticson

Mar 16, 2013
Hi pals,

I recently did a factory reset in my Galaxy S2. I had taken a back up (to be exact 29/12/2013 15:35) just before i did the reset. Now when i tried to restore the same backup just after the factory reset, messages upto Sep 17th only getting restored. I really really miss so many important messages. When i tried to restore messages again it restores 0Bytes and nothing happens.

I had done a rooting in my device and have the root access.

Any help would be greatly appreciable. Am a noob when it comes to android. Am not familiar with many technical terms in android.

Really desperate coz of what happened. Expect some support here.

Thanks in advance.

Rabz.

I am afraid that Kies is at best, "flakey", in most cases. A Factory Reset will have wiped all your stored SMS/MMS from the phone.

Hopefully, as you are rooted, you immediately made a nandroid and a Titanium Backup, as per #2.5 of the Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide...

***I now strongly urge you, for your own protection, to make the following backup's in case of future problems... A Titanium Backup. A Nandroid backup.

You could use either the TB or nandroid backup to restore your SMS. See the links in the guide for more information.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones