Kies does not recognize S4 !!!Support

Last Updated:

1. tuncakar

tuncakar New Member

I purchased Galaxy S4 SGH-I337 yesterday from AT&T. To sync it with my Outlook, I installed Kies. When I connect the phone windows gives the following error messages:
    Bluetooth Peripheral Device...........No driver found
    USB Composite Device................. Ready to use
    Samsung-SGH-I337......................Ready to use
    CDC Serial ..................................No driver found
    SAMSUNG_Android......................No driver found

Kies continuously tries connecting while displaying the message "Connecting" but never gets connected.
    When I disconnect the phone and use the connection trouble shooter, it reinstalls the device derivers but the same problem happens again.

I tried to install the
    Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.v1.5.14.0) on Samsung webpage.

but Windows did not install it since I its Bluetooth service is incompatible with the current version of the windows.

I use Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-Bit with service pack 1 and all updates are installed.
    Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. Canesfan

Canesfan Well-Known Member

Same problem. Tried everything; no solutions.
  3. cmhsam

cmhsam Member

+1. Same problem. Hoping someone can post a fix. More frustrating trying to USB Tether vs using the wireless hotspot feature.
  4. PragmaticDany

PragmaticDany New Member

Kies was not recognizing my Samsung Galaxy S4 model SGH-I337M so I sled the notification bar and under ongoing it said, "connected as camera". I tapped it and there was another option, as media device, I chose it, and Kies automatically took me to the option screen of the Galaxy S4, where you can sync contacts, music, videos, podcast's and more.

If you didn't catch it, it is WHILE CONNECTED to your computer and Kies opened. Go to your notification bar/center and tap on under ongoing, then choose, "media device". Now Kies should recognize your Galaxy S4.

Note: This worked for me, it might not work for you. My recommendation is look around your phone. That's the way I found this. Good look.:)
  5. mohamad2632003

mohamad2632003 New Member

to make kies recognize your galaxy s4 go to dial pad *#0808#
    choose (AP)
    under that choose (MTP+ADB)
    REBOOT
    Then connect to kies