Kies Does Not See Connected PhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. JCW

JCW Member

I have the Samsung Galaxy SII (AT&T) the software to connect to the phone does not see the connected device at all. I have ran the Updater and have the current release for Kies 2.3.2.12064_9. I also have the USB data cable have tried the troubleshooter within Kies and that does not resolve the problem, I have also used more than one USB port on the Computer.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. wolfyboy359

wolfyboy359 Well-Known Member

are u using the cable that came with the phone? Sometimes it's the cable. Maybe buy a new one from Samsung if you want to spend fifteen bucks... maybe not though. I wouldn't trust any cable from Amazon which isn't from samsung... you never know what you are getting for your fifty cents.
  3. JCW

JCW Member

Yes I am using the cable from Samsung Ordered a brand new one since I was having this issue earlier on and thought I may need a new one. It was ordered direct from Samsung.
  4. wolfyboy359

what is it you are trying to do? Update your phone? If not, and just doing backup stuff, you could try kies air. Pretty easy to do.
    I know that's not a solution, just a workaround until this is figured out.
  5. JCW

JCW Member

Wanted to upgrade to ICS or atleast attemt too...LOL
  6. wolfyboy359

maybe you have access to another computer?
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I had a similar problem with the updated version of kies. What I did was to completely uninstall Kies and then reinstall the earlier version. Before I updated to the latest version, I pulgged in the phone and it was recognized. Then I updated and it continued to see the phone.
  8. JCW

JCW Member

Tried another PC and still can not see the Phone. I can connect via Bluetooth!
    Beggining to think the port on the phone is hosed.
  9. wolfyboy359

can u charge the phone? Did you see Lunatic59's post, too?
  10. JCW

JCW Member

I had not upgraded Kies until today so any previous attempt was with the previous version. I've sort of called it no go issue at this point. Yes the phone does charge.
  11. wolfyboy359

sorry I wasn't of more help. =(
  12. JCW

JCW Member

Should the PC indicate "USB device not recognized" when it's conneted to USB port?
  13. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

No. That could mean several things including having the wrong drivers, not being able to find the drivers, not being able to identify the device to load the drivers. More times than not, this is a problem with the PC and/or cable. The best thing would be to find someone you know with a Galaxy S2 who has successfully connected with Kies and see if your phone/cable will connect. If so, then it's your PC that's the problem, if not then see if you can borrow that person's cable to connect your phone.