Kies firmare update: no response from serverSupport

Last Updated:

1. dc2447

dc2447 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can connect my Galaxy to Kies fine but when I select upgrade firmware I get:
    any tips

Advertisement
  2. stylelite

stylelite Well-Known Member

Check these posts

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/150891-help-cannot-update-firmware-via-kies.html

If your getting that message it usually means your phone is not connecting properly to kies.

What I would suggest is:
    Open kies and connect your phone.
    Leave kies open and your phone connected.
    Go to start> search programs and files and type regedit and hit enter.
    When regedit opens it should show down the left hand side the following samsung> FUS> Kies> Connect> ConvertInfo> Debug> DeviceDB under these there should be folders No 1,2,3,4, you will need to click on each numbered folder in turn to find the right one, In my case it is number 3, yours may be a differant number. The attached file shows what it should look like, if it does then phone and kies are connected ok.
    If you can take a screen shot and post it or PM me and I will have look.
    Or you could try this:
    With kies running and phone connected open device manager and look for the samsung Galaxy drivers, when you find them uninstall them, diconnect phone, shut kies down and reboot your PC, when PC has re-started open kies, when kies has finished loading connect your phone and it should install the drivers again. When drivers have finished installing, click on firmware update and see if you get the error message if not you are connected ok but you may still have problems getting the update, first lets see if we can sort out this problem.

Attached Files:

3. Aravindan

Aravindan Well-Known Member

I got the same error in my office network. I just disconnected my laptop from the LAN and connected using my mobile broadband device (Reliance netconnect) and Kies was immediately able to check correctly for updates.

~ Aravindan

4. markshep

markshep New Member

I've getting the same error message too. I'm connecting from a Windows XP machine on my home network. By default all web traffic is transparently routed via a caching proxy (squid) and looking at the logs shows that Kies made a POST request to http://fus.samsungmobile.com/MS_TEST/msfus.php just before it displayed the error message. I tried again with the proxy disabled, but it still gives the same error :-(.

Kies does seem to be properly connected to my phone as I can browse around on it and transfer files to and from the PC.

5. dc2447

dc2447 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

you can't go via a proxy for kies

6. markshep

markshep New Member

That was my guess, which was why I tried again without going via the proxy, which didn't work either. In the end I sorted it by going into work and installing Kies on my Windows 7 machine there. That upgraded first time with no problems.

7. shravan_k

shravan_k Member

Hi. I have tried to upgrade my firmware several times and end up with the same problem. I have a few questions. I have a slow internet connection. Could this be a reason why it was not able to connect to server? Also, should packet data be enabled on the phone during/before the upgrade?