Kies for Mac Problem

1. Sarfa

Sarfa New Member

Hi everyone,

I installed Kies on my Mac in order to upgrade my Galaxy S2 (Tmobile) to ICS. I would not have installed Kies if it hadn't been required to perform the update and I uninstalled the program immediately after the update was completed.

My problem is, though, that every time I start up my computer, I am still getting a small window popping-up in the lower right corner of my screen with the message (I'm doing this from memory because I'm not at home right now, so the wording will not be exact):

Your device has the most updated firmware. Please connect your device to...

Anyway, I have no idea how Kies is continuing to popup messages on my computer after I have uninstalled it and I have scoured my mac for any traces of the Kies so that I can remove them manually, but I haven't found any. :mad:

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any advice on how I can stop the annoying pop-up?

Thank you,
    S

Advertisement
  2. stapenco

stapenco New Member

Hi. I don't know the answer to your question. However I rang Samsung over a problem i was having with Mac and my Note. They told me that Kies and Mac are an ongoing issue - they do not work properly together. The recommendation was to use a Windows pc.
  3. tardman91

tardman91 Well-Known Member

Did anyone figure this out? I have the same problem and it's bugging the heck out of me. I only installed Kies to update my brother's phone and now I see this damn pop up all the time!
  4. thewalkingdead

thewalkingdead Active Member

Try reinstalling kies again then disable the pop up notifications then uninstall.
  5. nickl0vin

nickl0vin New Member

Did anyone else find a solution for this? I have the same annoying problem. Thanks.