1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

kies issueSupport

1. ron316

ron316 VIP Member VIP Member

every time i try to connect to kies with my rooted gs4 it says on my phone unable to find software on your pc i uninstall kies and reinstalled it still the same thing any help would be great

Advertisement
    :
  2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If you're going USB: Install Kies and make sure to select the Drivers Install option. Kies may also download an update after installed.
    Close Kies if it opens after installation completes. Connect the phone to the PC and wait for the "new hardware found" drivers to install, S4 to appear under Devices, and the USB symbol appears on the phone. Now launch Kies and see if you get better results.

Kies WiFi: No tips here other than Kies must already be running to connect this way.

Other than that, Kies is horrible with the S4. You'd have better odds in Vegas, LoL.
  3. ron316

ok ill try is there another option other than kies
  4. Darnell0216

The Samsung Cloud will back up everything Kies does (Call Logs, SMS, S-Apps). Between that and Google keeping the calendar and contacts, you're all set. If you really want to back up app data, TBP is the way to go.

If you don't mind them going to Google+, you can also use Google for your gallery. Other than that, go for DropBox's 50GB and copy stuff there. Camera pics will be backed up automatically.
  5. ron316

hey thanks cant get kies to work i plug phone in it says on my phone conected as media device i can see it connected to laptop on safely remove it says eject mtp that shed any light on anything
  6. Darnell0216

Keep trying. It's never consistent. It'll work one day and then be stuck at connecting the next. There's nothing wrong with your PC since it is registering the phone correctly.
  7. ron316

ok thanks
  8. ron316

when i plug phone in it doesnt say on my computer new hardware found what am i missing