Kies/Kies Mini won't workSupport

Last Updated:

1. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've tried like everything. I have Windows 7 64 bit. I can't get either Kies or Kies mini to work. The programs install fine but they never detect my phone. Any suggestions? I've read through this forum and did all the basic suggestions.

Advertisement
  2. mneimeyer

mneimeyer Active Member

I don't remember exactly which link in which thread from these forums I used to download the Mini Kies but that said... I rebooted about a dozen times between installing Mini Kies and a few other updates I installed at the same time.

The big thing that threw me for a loop was that when Mini Kies came up it said "Now Plug In Your Phone" or something similar. Plugging in the phone then NEVER worked... almost by accident though when I had the phone plugged in first and THEN started Mini Kies it worked right away.

I am also using Windows 7 x64... Hope your problem is "that simple".

Matt

P.S. I mention that I'm not sure which link I used because there was an earlier link to a Mini Kies that failed to install at all and rolled itself back out.

3. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I finally got Kies to work a couple of weeks ago. Here are the details. No guarantees, of course, but if I could make Kies work with my phone there's hope for world peace (right). Note the Kies version that I used - that's important. Also, don't upgrade Kies 1.5.3.10083_66 or futz with any other buttons in the program. It wasn't broken so I didn't fix it.

- I made sure that any previous version of Kies was gone
    - Assured that previous Kies folders were empty
    - Searched my registry for the string \kies and deleted all instances
    - Installed Kies_1.5.3.10083_66.exe
    - Fired up Kies
    - Placed USB phone setting in Kies mode
    - Rebooted phone (just felt like it)
    - Assured phone remained in Kies mode
    - Connected phone to PC via USB cable
    - Watched while drivers were installed
    - Gasped in amazement when Kies and my phone introduced themselves to one another
    - Sync'd my Outlook calendar entries with phone (contacts had already been dealt with via a workaround)