Kies Mini is very frustrating

1. HappyRVers

HappyRVers New Member

I have downloaded the "latest" version of Kies for the ATT Samsung Captivate Model SGH-I897 and supposedly it installed fine. When I started the program it immediately updated to a newer version. I have 2 of these phones and would like to sync them with my computers. I installed the drivers that Kies mini had. I set either of my phones to Kies Update mode and the computer and the software just sit there and keep asking me to plug in my phone. When I set the phones to mass storage or media player the computer recognizes the phones, installs the necessary drivers and kies tells me it can't work with the phones unless I change the setting to Kies Update. I am running Windows 7. Does anyone know how I can get the correct Kies drivers so that my computer will recognize the phones and they will then be able to communicate with the Kies software?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome Happy. You'll get a quicker answer in your section, so I'll move you there. :)
  3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

did you try putting it in usb debugging mode?
  4. TubaMeister

TubaMeister Member

You can't sync using Kies Mini. It's just for updating. You have to use an older version of Kies to do that. I'm using version 1.5.1.10074_45. You can go to this site to download it. Oh, and when it asks to update, don't do it. Won't work after that. Hope this helps.

Index of /KIES
  5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Also note that full Kies is not supported by Samsung for the North American markets. Although some people force it into some semblance of functionality, most have at least a certain level of headaches attempting to use it.

Kies Mini, which is only for updating firmware, is all that Samsung supports for us.