• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kies no longer syncs my calendar

bigliam1970

Lurker
Sep 10, 2014
Hello Guys,

Windows XP SP3 system (x86)
MS Office 2003
Galaxy S5 with Android 4.2.2
Kies 3 version 3.2.14013_45

Please help. I have wrestled with Kies for many years now. This pathetic piece of badly written software is faulty at best and at worst simply does not work.

I have always struggled to understand why Samsung can have such magnificent handsets and yet have such dismal software to go with them.

Kies simply will not sync my calendar any more. Although Kies appears to complete the sync, no events are copied from Outlook to my device or vice versa. Considering that most of my business life is on my phone, Kies is now useless.

Can anyone suggest an alternative? I have just tried Mobileshare (which is another example of software that claims to sync a calendar but can't) and that's no good.

Please help!!

Cheers,

Bigliam1970

I use MyPhoneExplorer (see Play Store) to do the same thing. I'm on XP Pro + Android 4.2.2 + Office 2010
. Client on the PC and app on the phone. It'll allow you to choose what/how you want to sync. Not sure about Kies but when I used HTC's SW many moons ago it just "assumed" what you wanted.

It's free but if/when you install it on the PC ensure you check the install screen closely as several users have complained about difficult to remove malware being installed. Apparently the 'accept/reject/ screen isn't too clear. Never seen it myself though and I've used it for 4 years or so now.

Dave

Upvote 0
I really appreciate your replies; thank you.

I have tinkered further; it appears that there is an update to Kies available which I downloaded and installed (Kies is now version 3.2.14083_9). Apparently, this update addresses exactly this issue I had.

After installing the update and using the:

'tools/preferences/device/schedule/initialise syncing log'

option, everything synced perfectly. Thank God.

I still believe Kies to be one of the most embarrassing applications ever released by a major hardware manufacturer. EVER.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones